Tuesday, May 28, 2013
In light of the current storm between Amanda Bynes and Rihanna, I thought it only appropriate to drudge up a previous blog post I wrote.
In January of this year, I posted on "Celebrities in Social Media: Best and Worst" where I voiced my opinion on celebrities championing the social media arena, while one celebrity, not so much; of course, out of ALL the celebrities that failed in social media, I chose to highlight Amanda Bynes.
Time is money and investors usually only have the latter. As a starting business owner, you have the time, so use it to focus on a business plan that is worthy of investors’ time. If you do, you may just get the money you need to launch your business.
In a previous post discussing business plans, I focused on two experts in this particular field of business. While they shared in some commonalities, they had different outlooks on the need, or lack of, of a business plan. In the process of creating my own personal business plan, I used I used advice given by both of these experts.
Monday, May 20, 2013
While I hated science and especially the Periodic Table, this a creative way to layout social media that we use today.
Provided by Social Media Today, here's an insightful infographic:
Friday, May 17, 2013
You may have great content and exciting tweets, but if you're not posting it at the most opportune times, you may just be wasting it.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
In discussing business plans with “experts” that have been successful in the creation of businesses, I wanted to highlight two contrasting opinions that could serve a young entrepreneur well for future planning.
· 1st place prizewinner of the 3E Learning Award for his workshop Investment Negotiation
· Professor in Entrepreneurship and Strategy at Ted Rogers School of Management
· Expert in business plans – both writer and reviewer
· Motivational Speaker and Coach
· Venture Capitalist
· MS and PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
I could have continued with his list, but for the sake of time, you can just visit his accomplishments at his educator’s page.
· Internationally acclaimed business speaker
· Featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, CNNMoney.com, NYTimes.com, and various other business blogs and online magazines
· Founded and owns the Crankset Group, which works with businesses owners
· Started and built seven successful businesses in 25 years in U.S. and internationally